SPRAY TAN PREPARATION AND MAINTENANCE
Preparing for your Spray Tan
Preparation is the key to a perfect result. Simply follow these steps to achieve ultimate results:
- Exfoliate thoroughly the night before your tan, using an exfoliation mitt or oil free scrub.
- Remember to shave/wax the day before tanning to achieve optimum results.
- Do not apply deodorant, moisturizer prior to your tanning session. These can act as a barrier to your tan and prevent even absorption.
- Wear loose, dark clothing and underwear to your tanning appointment. The cosmetic bronzer in the tan may rub off slightly but will easily wash out of most fabrics. Do not wear jeans or tight pants if possible after spray tan applied.
- Wear open sandals or thongs to your tanning appointment if possible to prevent any rubbing lines.
IMPORTANT: Do not exercise on the day of your tanning application. Excessive perspiration will adversely affect the development of your tan.
Maintaining your Spray Tan
- Avoid contact with water during the first 4-8 hours after your spray tan has been applied. Water is a spray tan's biggest enemy.
- Wait at least 4 (but you can wait up to 12 hours) hours before showering following your tan application. You will see colour washing off the first time you shower. This is just the cosmetic bronzer, not your tan.
- Apply a moisturizer as often as required following your post tan shower. Your tan will gradually fade until your next exfoliation and tanning session. Drier skin exfoliates quicker so moisturising between sessions is essential to keep your tan.
- Avoid long, hot showers/baths and pat skin dry. Do not rub!
- Chlorine will shorten the length of your tan so avoid swimming pools and Spas following application.